Friday, February 22, 2013

Exhibitions Now On: Bookmaking to Opening


Book exhibition with works done by first year students of MFA Illustration program at SVA, curated by Viktor Koen is up since February 6th. The opening reception was on 14th, and the show would be there until March 3rd. They are all individual projects based on a short story called Mr.Nobody At All by Ann Beattie.  


Bookmaking before the show installation:

figuring out how to arrange pictures in a book

Making 49 images into one accordion book. Gluing, gluing, gluing. 


On February 6th, from early in the morning to the late afternoon, everyone gathered for installation:

Installation & Kim taking pictures of us.

Installation & Marshall trimming large size posters for Broadway Project Exhibition.


After the installation:  

24 images out of 49 images selected and hung: 49 days. 

Cheesy picture, but I had to do it.

With Marshall!!

While first year students were installing the Mr. Nobody At All show in the museum, in the lobby,  Chen-Min and Boyeon were installing Broadway Project Exhibition. The far right image with window scene is mine! 


February 14th, Opening Night:

It was a great turnout! 

People at the opening reception at the SVA museum.

There are a lot of people whom we owe a great deal to put this show together. There are many people whom I owe to finish up this book. There are many stories I wanted to say but didn't say. I was surprised and touched when people read the story that I thought I didn't tell. When I get my book back, after this show is over, I will try to tell more stories. Or maybe not.


1 comment:

  1. It's fun to see how people work for a beautiful art project. Thanks for the pictures and stories - I always enjoy.












    ReplyDelete