Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Some of My Illustrations are Going to Bologna Children's Book Fair-!


My good old friend - we've been friends since we were nine!!- told me about this competition held by Literature Translation Institute of Korea, to be selected and promoted in Bologna Children's Book Fair. I did apply, without the slightest expectation, and did not even check on the result. That is kind of things you learn only after so many rejections and disappointments. I make myself forget about results. That way, I save (too much) disappointment and when there actually is a good result, it feels even better. It turned out to be not so good attitude this time though. Almost three weeks after the date of announcement, I suddenly remembered about this competition and went to their website, just to see. When I found my name on the list of selected illustrators, I was so happy and so freaked out at the same time. It was Sunday night, 17th, and the due date for them to receive hard copies of my promotional pieces via mail was Wednesday, 20th. And of course, it was to be mailed to their office in Korea.

I called Ms. Park, the person in charge, and begged to wait for my material. I made a package over night, sent them out express next morning to Korea. Ms. Park kindly sent me the confirmation when she received the package on Thursday.

Having my books in Bologna Children's Book Fair someday has been my dream. It's not my book that will be shown in the fair this year, but I am more than honored to be able to show a bit of my works there. Those pieces of mine would go to Bologna this time, and who knows, I also would go there myself sometime in the future with my own book! :)

I appreciate the chance from Literature Translation Institute of Korea and especially my friend Sohee who believed in my works!

Selected illustrators list to be promoted in Bologna Children's Book Fair by Literature Translation Institute of Korea.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy with you and grateful. let's remember 'one step at a time'. I certainly see you beaming with a bright smile with your own book at the Fair!!

    ReplyDelete