Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Selected for Illustration West 51, Society of Illustrators LA

Memoir, 2012, Etching with soft ground, aquatint, roll over and color pencils

It was more than two months ago when I submitted this work for Illustration West 51 competition at the Society of Illustrators, LA. So it came as a nice surprise when I received a notification email that my work was selected right on the Christmas Eve!

The work will be shown on their website (the link has not open yet. It would be available in early March.) along with other selected works for the competition. There also will be an exhibition at the Gallery Nucleus from March 8-12 in L.A. I am not so sure yet if I would ship my work out for the gallery show, but more info would come as it becomes clearer.

If you are curious about the story behind this piece, please read my previous post on this piece from last year.




Dad and me at an orchard

3 comments:

  1. you're just one and a half.
    how sweet and lovely~~!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, babies are that big when they are only one and a half?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. sis says you used to be that big when you're a toddler^^.

    ReplyDelete