Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Doors, doors, doors in Cold Spring, NY

On Sunday afternoon, the day it felt like an early summer, I took a train to Cold Spring with my sister. On our way to to Grand Central Station, weather was so beautiful, people were outside enjoying the sun and lunch at the park. I thought staying in the city would be fine, too, enjoying the weather, walking around.

When I stepped out of the train, however, after an hour and a half of train ride, I realized that it was the perfect decision to come to Cold Spring. Just one step out of the train, air felt much fresher, nice and warm breeze with a hint of flower fragrance surprised me.

Cold Spring was a very pretty little town, pretty stores and houses lined up along the main street. Walking along the street, I was amazed to see something very interesting. Doors of this town are so so so beautiful!! How could they be all in different colors and all so beautiful and harmonious?! Just looking at doors made me very delighted.



Blue door at the yoga studio.



Emerald colored door at the house. Just love the stairs!!



Elegant purple doors.


Interesting thing was that, doors were not just pretty in colors but colors matched with their shapes and characters. They even matched with colors of trees planted near the doors! Blue door with a hint of violet with glass windows works perfect for a yoga studio. The blue goes so well with warm dark umber of the wall around it and the fun texture of the walls give a warmth to the clean, cool feel of the door. Emerald color door wouldn't find a better color than the beige frame around, and look at the lion shaped door handle to knock!!! They all go perfect with red brick stairs, walls, black metal fences. It is just amazing how the door colors go perfect with yellow green leaves. How about the elegant purple door with elongated pattern, off-white frame and banister with worn out wooden stairs? Two door knobs in the middle and faded orange color brick walls? Did someone intentionally plant white flower trees to go well with the purple doors?
Just amazing, amazing, amazing.



Plus, this antique store was the true treasure island I discovered. (I didn't really discover it, it was right there at the main street right near the train station.) I didn't really expect much when I was entering the store, but soon found myself being trapped inside, being unable to get out, spending hours and hours getting nervous and excited about all the treasures I found. For the first time in my life, I wished I had a truck. I would have filled the truck with so many things. But luckily for myself, I didn't have a truck, so I and my sister just ended up with couple of small things.

Images of a few items that I had to leave behind still linger, but hey, I got to see all those beautiful doors & a reason to go back.

7 comments:

  1. Certainly you are an artist. It is amazing to read what you deciphered from the plain looking doors. You can see the beauty all around you, and
    you will reflect them in all your works...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would have liked the town, too!! :-D I do wish I could reflect the beauty in my works. I'm trying...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just amazing to know someone sees special beauty at the sight we just overlook as plain!!
    thanks for showing us the way to feel good and lovable around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a big complement for nothing! I always appreciate your comments very much. Thank you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doors are the focal point of a building. It’s important to accentuate it with a color that gives it a deeper meaning. Some who hold Feng Shui to be true, have their doors painted with inviting colors.
    - Otis Kunkle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings my friend! I really have to thank you for sharing these wonderful set of door pictures. Each one is really wonderful and welcoming. By the way, did you know that door colors have their own meaning?

    Sol Hendricks

    ReplyDelete